Learn How To Register For The WebsiteIn order to provide the best communication between our district and your household, we are requesting that you register on our website, and subscribe to the areas that are important to you and your child/children. We would like to emphasize that you subscribe to both the building in which you child attends as well as the district site (for school closing, early dismissal, etc.)To do this, please do the following:1. Go to our website: www.farmingdaleschools.org 2. Click on the Sign Up button at the top right of the page.3. Enter your birthdate and click Submit. (You must be older than 18 to register.)4. Please fill out the form that displays. Note the required fields: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, User Name (sign in), Password and Confirming Password.
Tip: We recommend that you at least add your zip code, as this will enable you to take advantage of the distance calculation feature on this website.
5. Make sure that the box that says “Please send me email about Events and Activities” is selected, and click Submit.
6. You will now see a message that your registration has been accepted.
7. Please Sign In to the website using the User Name and Password you just assigned yourself. This can be done by either clicking on the Sign In button at the top right of the site, or by clicking on the hyperlink below the Acceptance Message.
8. Once signed in, you will need to click on the Edit Account Settings button that appears in upper right corner of the web page.
9. You will now see your profile displayed and available to edit if necessary. On the left side you will see E-Alerts Settings & Subscriptions.
10. Click Subscriptions to edit your subscription preferences. Then click Manage Subscriptions.
11. At this point, you will be able to select any sections on our website to which you would like to subscribe. This subscription will enable you to receive email messages from the editors of these sections if they decide to announce a significant update on their pages.
12. Under Homepages and Calendars, check the box next to the Farmingdale School District Homepage. This will add the district homepage to the information that you will receive by email. Weather delays or closures will be posted here and issued as email E-Alerts.
13. Under Homepages and Calendars, parents should be sure to add the school homepage that applies to you or your child/children to your subscriptions as well.
14. Under Other Areas of Interest, please select additional pages that may apply to you or your child/children, for example: teacher page(s), athletic page(s), etc.
15. Under Other Areas of Interest, in the Farmingdale School District search for "Virtual Backpack" to add documents posted to our Virtual Backpack. The Virtual Backpack will provide important district notices for parents and students.
Then click I'm Done.
16. Click E-Alerts Settings on left navigation to add your 10-Digit Mobile Number and Mobile Provider. Click No to "send me only emergency mobile E-Alerts." Press Save Changes.
You are now set to receive important E-Alerts from our website to your mobile device. Please note that weather delays and closures are not considered emergencies.
Thank you for helping us provide exemplary communication to our parents and students.