Jeanne Berkoski, Director of Athletics & P.E.Beth Garvey, Assistant(516) 434-5260(516) 752-2981 (fax)ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Thurs. 9/6 JV Girls Volleyball game has been pushed back to a 6:00PM start.
- Thurs. 9/6 Var Girls Volleyball game @ Oceanside will start at 6:00PM.
- Thurs. 9/6 Var/ JV Girls scrimmage @ Wantagh has been cancelled.
HS Fall Sports:
- Football begins on Monday, 8/20
- ALL other sports begins on Monday 8/27
Howitt Fall Sports:
- Football- starts on Thurs. 9/6 with a madatory meeting. The 3:30PM late bus will be provided for bus students; all others should be picked up by parent/guardian. Tryouts start Friday, 9/7 immediately follwing dismissal until 4:30PM. The 4:45PM late bus will be provided for bus students; all others should be picked up by parent/guardian.
- All other sports begin on Friday, 9/7 - mandatory meeting. The 3:30PM late bus will be provided for bus students; all others should be picked up by parent/guardian. Tryouts start on Wed. 9/12 immediately following dismissal until 4:30PM. The 4:45PM bus will be provided for bus students; all others should be picked up by parent/guardian.
- All paperwork must be returned to the Health Office for clearance before starting any sport.
- Games schedules coming soon.
High School sports offered to 7th or 8th grade exceptional athletes are:
Fall: Boys Golf, Girls Tennis
Winter: Boys and Girls Bowling
Spring: Boys Golf
All requests must be forwarded to the office of the Director of Athletics as follows:
Fall: July 1st
Winter: Sept. 15th
Spring: Feb. 1st
Post Season News - 2017-2018
CONGRATULATIONS to our teams and coaches on their accomplishments:
ALL 2017 - 2018Varsity teams have earned New York State Scholar Athlete Team recognition!
Conference I Champions
Boys Volleyball Conference A2 Champions
Girls Volleyball Conference AA2 Champions
Girls Swimming & Diving Conference III Champions
Boys Soccer Nassau County Final FourWrestlingConference Champions